Ways to Get Involved
- Looking to get more involved in the community? Join us at local events and markets in Hamilton to provide naloxone training and naloxone kits, as well as promote SOPEN’s initiative
- Enjoy public speaking or sharing knowledge in a reciprocal way? Come present with us to local organizations, businesses, schools, and more
Here’s what we are looking for:
- Lived and Living Experience – Have you used drugs and feel you want to contribute? We can’t wait to hear from you.
- Do you identify as a young person (25 and under), person of colour, disabled, Indigenous, 2SLGBTQ+, or another group? We are looking for feedback and perspectives from people of diverse backgrounds, let’s collaborate!
- Community Partner – Do you currently work with youth who are exposed to drugs through personal choice or environment? Let’s network
- Do you have a passion for volunteering or have a parent, sibling, friend who uses drugs? – your experience and input is important too, come weigh-in
- Has the drug poisoning crisis impacted you? Your experiences are important, come share your knowledge and expertise with us
- Have you saved a life with naloxone? We have too, lets share our knowledge in a reciprocal way